Transcript Requests

The Admissions Office maintains student records and, upon written request from the student, will issue transcripts. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 defines the rights of the student with regard to records and other information that might be maintained and/or released. (See Student Handbook Section of this catalog.)

  1. In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, the College does not release transcripts of a student’s work except upon the student’s written request, except in a case where educational or governmental officials have a lawful need for the information.
  2. Current students may print an unofficial copy of their WSCC transcript from their myWallaceState account.
  3. Former students, not currently enrolled, may access the Transcript Order Form on the Wallace State Website under the Admissions tab, to request an official transcript. 
  4. Official transcript requests are processed as they are received. REQUESTS SHOULD BE MADE AT LEAST TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE TRANSCRIPTS ARE NEEDED.
  5. The College reserves the right not to release a transcript if the student has outstanding financial obligations or pending disciplinary action with the College.
  6. The Office of Admissions & Records does not issue official transcripts from other institutions. Requests for official transcripts from other institutions must be directed to the institution concerned.
  7. Transcript Request Forms can be found under the Admissions Tab at and on the students myWallace State portal, under Student Services.
  8. Wallace State will not make copies of transcripts from other colleges or copies of GED certificates once they have been officially submitted to the college.