To become eligible to receive a Certificate, the student must fulfill the following requirements:
- Meet all admissions requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete an approved program of study. See the Academic, Health Sciences, and Career/ Technical Program sections of this catalog.
- Complete at least 25 percent of semester credit hours at Wallace State Community College.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
- Complete a graduation application for the certificate by the specified deadline date.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
Procedures for Applying for Graduation and Processing Graduation Applications
Students applying for graduation need to apply 1 semester before the semester in which they expect to complete all certificate or degree requirements.
- Graduation Applications may be picked up at Lion Central, from the college website or from an advisor. Notices concerning the expected due dates will be listed in the semester class schedule.
- Applications must be completed by the student and contain the advisor’s signature for processing approval. Attached to the application must be a copy of the student’s degree plan for respective major.
- Students must then submit the Graduation Application packet to Lion Central/Admissions to be considered as a graduate of the subsequent semester of enrollment.
- Graduation Applications cannot be processed if holds are present on an account.
- A Graduation Specialist verifies holds or financial obligations and forwards to appropriate Dean’s Office for signature.
- Application is then submitted to Admissions Office for verification.
2. Student Responsibilities
Students are responsible for obtaining and completing the forms associated with graduation, as well as paying the graduation fee by the deadline. Faculty and staff will encourage and assist students in the process as needed.
- Students must complete a Graduation Application and meet with an advisor to sign and date the application.
- Students must attach a copy of their degree works to the application before submitting to the Lion Central/Admissions Office.
- Any applicable fees must be paid when application is turned into Lion Central/Admissions.
- If holds exist on student accounts, they must be cleared to process the graduation application.
- Students are responsible for ordering their Cap and Gown.
- Students will be notified via email when diplomas are available for mailing or pick up.
- Students must complete all degree requirements prior to the issuance of any diploma/degree.