Skip to main content
The Student Conduct Committee
- Recognizing the right of students to be granted protection by the inclusion of due process in all matters of a disciplinary nature, the College assures due process through the action of the College Student Conduct Committee.
- The Student Conduct Committee has the dual function of safeguarding the rights of students and maintaining a climate of integrity and safety for all members of the College community. The purposes of the Student Conduct Committee are as follows:
- To hear complaints and evidence concerning alleged student misconduct and disciplinary action to be taken in cases appealed by students and referred to the Committee by the Vice President for Students.
- To review and make recommendations to the Vice President for Students on student disciplinary policies and procedures.
- The Student Conduct Committee shall consist of two (2) students, six (6) faculty or staff members, and the Vice President for Students, who is chairperson.
- The two student members shall be chosen for one-year terms by the advisor of the Student Government Association.
- The six faculty/staff members who are appointed by the College President will serve one-year terms on the Student Conduct Committee. The Vice President for Students shall cast a vote only when necessary to break a tie. Any Student Conduct Committee member who has any personal interest in or special information concerning a case will be disqualified from the case; a replacement may be appointed to fill the vacancy. At no time shall the Student Conduct Committee meet without a quorum of its members present.
- The student Conduct Committee shall maintain an adequate record of the history and the disposition of each case to come before it. The record shall include a summary of the evidence upon which the Student Conduct Committee based its decision and the decision that was reached.