General Admission Procedures

Students wishing to enroll at Wallace State Community College in regular degree courses must complete the following steps:

  1. Complete an Application for Admission to the college. The Application for Admission is completed electronically and can be found at
  2. Submit official transcripts from previously attended high schools and colleges to the Office of Admissions. Transcripts are also accepted that are sent electronically via Parchment and National Student Clearinghouse.
  3. Submit a GED Certificate if earned. A copy of the official test scores or the GED certificate can be accepted from the student via mail or in person at Lion Central.
  4. Placement into mathematics and English courses will be based upon specified prerequisite requirements, which may include a student’s ACT scores, high school grade point average in conjunction with final grades in designated high school courses, and ACCUPLACER placement assessment scores. Placement scores and the high school GPA are valid for five years. If older than five years, the student must take the ACCUPLACER assessment. Academic advisors will assist students with determining the appropriate placement into mathematics and English courses.
  5. Students who have taken the ACCUPLACER test within the last three years may also be exempted from academic assessment by providing official copies of the scores to the Admissions Office. Initial ACCUPLACER test is free and retest is $10.
  6. According to Board Policy 801.01, for admission to an Alabama Community College System institution, one primary form of photo documentation, such as:
    • Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
    • Unexpired Alabama Identification Card
    • Unexpired US Passport
    • Unexpired US Permanent Resident Card
    • Resident Alien Card - Pre 1997
    • Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
    • US Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
    • BIA or tribal identification card with photo
    • I-797 Form with Expiration Date
    • Unexpired Military ID
      NOTE: For those students unable to provide these documents in person, forms may be accessed at under the Admission tab. Forms must be mailed back to the Admissions Office to clear registration holds related to this.
  7. If all required high school and college transcripts have not been received by the admissions office prior to issuance of first semester grades, the grades will be reported on the transcript. The student shall not be allowed to enroll for a second semester unless all required transcripts have been received and processed by the admissions office prior to registration for the second semester.