Skip to main content
Credit for Military Training and Educational Experiences
- Credit for courses taken while in the military will be evaluated according to nationally recognized guidelines, e.g. Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Educational Services Support (DANTES) and/or American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines.
- The student is responsible for having the scores sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Credit for courses with acceptable scores will be posted to the student’s transcript.
- WSCC has agreements with several school districts whereby the students of their Technical Career Centers may receive credit for the technical courses completed at these locations.
- The high school graduates who have completed the Career/Technical Program at these high schools, maintained a B average in their high school career/technical core courses, and enrolled at WSCC may receive up to one semester of technical credit as determined by the individual program agreements.
- Skills tests will be administered by the WSCC Instructors in those programs that require testing.
- Credit for courses with acceptable scores will be posted to the student’s transcript as transfer credit.
- Approved course exams may be given by the departments to assess skills.
- Upon successful completion of these exams, credit may be transcribed with an “S” grade upon payment of tuition and fees (https://www.wallacestate.edu/ecoa) for the course tested.
- In certain instances, a waiver of course requirements may be appropriate. The Division Dean will evaluate requests according to curricula and determine whether to waive course requirements.
- Documentable training, certificates, or skills.
- Comprehensive collection of qualifications.
- Forms and information are available from WSCC Prior Learning Coordinator.
- Portfolio describes experience and student request review for possible credit.